Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random Temperature Generator

Welcome Back Everyone!

I'm convinced that my Mac's weather widget is playing mind games with me. Now that I'm adult, I've decided to start dressing responsibly in the morning dependent on what the forecast is. The easiest way to check said forecast is via this widget. All I need to do is drag my cursor to the top right corner of the screen and bam, there's my temperature.

Except, yesterday it told me it was 48 degrees out, so I left the gloves, scarf and hat home. It felt more like 28 degrees when I got outside.

And this morning, I was bracing for the promises 22 degrees, so I bundled up pretty well, only to look like a chump when I got outside to a temperature well above freezing.

What good is this thing? I should probably check to see if it still thinks I live in Baltimore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an easier way to check the forecast...instead of dragging the mouse to the dock, hit "fn" + F12 on your keyboard. Just sayin'...

Chris said...

that takes too many hands. and the temperature is still wrong. please advise.

Anonymous said...

I find it to be useful and haven't had an issue with temperatures being wrong. It thinks you live in Baltimore, right? You entered the zip code?

Chris said...

I don't know. I'm just cold.

Anonymous said...

Click on the "i" on the weather widget. It'll then let you enter a zip code. Voila! You've just made Marty Bass obsolete!