Monday, March 3, 2008

Conversations With Dr. Finkelstein

I didn't do much on Saturday night, but here's what did happen.

[Ring...ring.]

Call #1 (8:38 PM EST)

Me: Hello?

Kid Stranger: [rustling]

Me: Hello?

Kid Stranger: Who this?

Me: Chris.

Kid Stranger: [rustling]

Me : [click]

Call #2 (8:40 PM EST)

[I don't answer.]

Voicemail from Kid Stranger: Chris? [click]

Call #3 (8:41 PM EST)

Me: Hello?

KS: Hello?

Me: I think you have the wrong number.

KS: Is this Chris?

Me: Yes

KS: Chris, this is your doctor calling.

Me: Okay.

KS: I was calling to, uh, tell you, uh, that you have a high blood pressure.

Me: Okay

KS: And that's not good.

Me: I know.

KS: [rustling]

Me: Okay, well, thanks for letting me know.

KS: What? [click]

Call #4 (8:42 PM EST)

Me: Hello?

KS: Chris?

Me: Yes.

KS: Hi. This is your secret agent calling. Someone filed a complaint on the internet saying that you were getting phone calls from an unknown number.

Me: Yeah, I was, but it was just my doctor, so its cool.

KS: No, we're sending some agents over to your house. They'll be there in five minutes.

Me: Okay.

KS: [click]

Call #5 (8:46 PM EST)

Me: Hello?

KS: Chris, this is your special agent calling again. Those agents aren't coming anymore.

Me: Oh, okay.

KS: The police are surrounding your house because someone told them that you have a gun.

Me: What?

KS: You need to come outside with the gun in the next thirty minutes or they're going to burn down your house.

Me: Really? I should get outside, I guess.

KS: Yes. If you come out with the gun, you will only get four years in jail.

Me: Okay, that seems like a fair deal.

KS: Yes, you need to go outside.

Me: Okay, I better get going.

KS: [click]

Call #6 (8:49 PM EST) and Call #7 (8:51 PM EST)

Listen to them simultaneously overtop of each other



Call #8 (9:15 PM EST)




-----------------

And thus concluded Saturday's chat with Dr. Finkelstein.

BONUS Sunday Chat!!!

Call #9 (3:38PM EST)

Me: Hello?

Dr. Finkelstein: Chris?

Me: Yes.

Dr. Finkelstein: Chris, this is your doctor calling.

Me: Dr. Finkelstein?

Dr. Finkelstein: Yes. I was calling to tell you that there's a medicine that you can get that will help you with your crack addiction.

Me: I'm interested in that. Where can I get it?

Finkelstein's assistant in the background: Walgreen's.

Dr. Finkelstein: Walgreen's.

Me: Cool. I'll head there now.

Finkelassistant: Get two of them.

Dr. Finkelstein: Make sure you get two of them, because you'll need a lot.

Me: Thanks, doc.

Dr. Finkelstein: Just make sure you take two of them every night.

Me: Okay.

Dr. Finkelstein: And make sure you have them with a glass of water!

Me: Okay, thanks, Doc.

Dr. Finkelstein: [click]

Call #10 (6:17PM EST)

Me: Hey, doc.

Dr. Finkelstein: [click]


4 comments:

MikeW said...

Wait a minute! You forgot the funniest one! Where the cops surrounded your house because they thought you had a gun and were going to burn your house down if you didn't come out.

Chris said...

shoot. editing now.

I got somethin to say said...

french inhaler, you are compromising your identity!

Chris said...

don't be silly. I obviously changed the names to protect the innocent. manipulating the audio file was tough, but I figured it out.