Thursday, May 8, 2008

my favorite SNL bit of all time

Hi everyone.

Most of you who read this have probably already been shown this video today, so this an anti-climatic blog post. But these posts are few and far between so I have to show you things that make me laugh when they do.

This sketch is called "Connie Stinson Talks" and stars Christopher Walken. I remember seeing it when it originally aired. The Fischer brothers and I were obsessed with it and our band Salad Days recorded an impromptu album ("Where Fresh Is The Taste") one night with songs that were littered with references to hot slices of stinkin' hog flesh.

Upon researching the sketch, I discovered that its never aired again since the original broadcast. I don't know why. Its a little longer than your typical sketch, but its not about Puerto Rican Day or anything.

Anyhow, there's one crappy video-dub of it online at this link . I've embedded it below. The quality is awful but its worth it, I hope.



Love,
Poor Poor Pitiful Me

p.s. here's a transcript for the hell of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the story of you and the Fisher boys is more entertaining than the skit itself. The idea of you, Jared and Matt writing songs around "sew her fat hog mouth shut" is amazing.