Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Neverending String Dream 2008

This won't be long, but I've decided to create an ongoing tally of how many instances of the "never ending string" dream that I have. To catch you up, I wrote about this in a myspace blog two summers ago...

"I have two recurring dreams. Neither are very dreamy. One is frustrating, and the other is also frustrating. Not sure which one is which.

The first starts with me discovering a seemingly small piece of string/floss/rope (thickness varies) in my mouth. As I start to pull it out of my mouth, its revealed that it actually extends down my throat. I pull and it is longer than I think it is. In fact, I never find out how long it is. It just keeps coming. I wrap it around my hand and snap it off at a certain point and try to return it how I found it, but unfortunately, it constantly bothers me, so I keep going back to pull on it. It becomes very embarrassing and I do my best to hide the fact to anyone who comes around. I use my other hand to block what I'm doing. That sort of thing. Very frustrating."

Well, the dream continues to pop up once every month or two.

Last night was its first appearance of 2008. This time it was trying to mask itself as a different dream, but I saw through it. I had bubblegum stuck to every tooth on the left side of my mouth. I would pull at it and it would stretch out of my mouth but it would not break away from my teeth. The more I pulled, the more gum appeared and the less I could keep it contained inside of my mouth. As per usual, no one actually noticed, although I continued to shield my mouth and I spent a lot of time in stairwells.

Yeah yeah, I have some secrets or something.

Each time that I have this dream, I inevitably Google it the next day and it scares me that other people have pretty much the same dreams as me. How is that possible? Was there a movie about this that I was unaware of watching and hence has got stuck in my mind?

What's a bit more odd (and can also be chalked up to my bad memory and how I never use the same search criteria) is that my Google search never results in the same pages. Each time, I find new instances. This time, they're not exact matches, but related nonetheless...

You don't really have to read this or this .

Neverending String Dream Tally 2008: 1

I posted this just in case I don't get a chance to listen to a song today.

2 comments:

tobias123 said...

hey u no i have been haveing a dream that im pulling string from my throat , i can actually feel the string coming out from the back of the throat,lol, and my last dream my string never broke off this time it was a black string that rolled up in my hand,wet, ,,, i think i had at least 5 or more dreams of the same thing,,,are we just thirsty mabe, or a ghost is sucking the life out of us ,,or WHAT

Chris said...

Tobias, I've drank some water but it never seemed to help!