Wednesday, February 27, 2008

About Last Night's Dream

Last night, I had a dream. It was obviously inspired by Oscar Night, although I can't explain why it happened two nights after the Oscars.

I was in a diner and I noticed Jack Nicholson sitting by himself. Someone had told me earlier in the dream that Jack was super-approachable and that he'd probably love for me to sit down and have a cup of coffee with him. Add that to the fact that everyone else was oblivious that he was there, and I knew that I had to go have a chat with him.

So, I worked my way around the perimeter of the diner to allow myself enough time to collect my thoughts and figure out what my opener was going to be. As I approached his table, who walks into the diner but Tom Hanks!!! Nobody noticed him either. He walks toward me, trying to look inconspicuous. I wanted to play it cool and didn't want to fawn over him, so I decided just to give him a head nod and a tiny greeting.

But instead, I accidentally screamed, "Helllllllllooooooooo Mr. Haaaaaanks!!!!" at the top of my lungs. He gave me a dirty look and rushed past me as swarms of diner patrons start chasing him.

What's more is that Nicholson looked disgusted and shook his head at me.

No comments: