Monday, February 25, 2008

Things I Overheard Yesterday - Vol. 2

So, it wasn't yesterday, but it was Friday, which is really close to yesterday.

Before running off to a little dinner party, I stopped in the local liquor store to buy some bottles of something. The store's stock boy opened the door for me as a Sammy Hagar-ish type song started playing over the store radio. I said thanks and I thought that I was probably done with him. I picked out my beer, and headed to the register. I walked past the stock boy again, but I didn't make eye contact with him. After I had passed him, he said [to me?] "I think this was in a Blue Angels thing." I don't know who he was talking too, but I was determined to have it not be so I ignored it. I continued with my transaction. Thirty seconds later, another guy came in and before he even got over the threshold, the stock boy said, "Yeah. This was definitely in a Blue Angels thing." This time, he was definitely talking to the new guy, but the new guy ignored him as I did.

Here's your quiz:

  1. What sort of "thing" do the Blue Angels do? Are they the flip-floppy plane guys?
  2. Was it really Sammy Hagar?
  3. Was he talking to me?
  4. Why did he start that conversation with the other guy as if they had been talking about it previously?
  5. Why did the other guy just ignore him?
  6. Before I arrived, why was the stock boy standing halfway outside of the store trying to catch the rain?
  7. Was this in a Blue Angels thing?

3 comments:

I got somethin to say said...

I bet the next guy had the EXACT same blog entry, but used the "guy before" instead.

Anonymous said...

I think YOU'RE in a Blue Angels thing.

MikeW said...

Do you still have that SNL book? Go to page 510 and read the Chris Kattan paragraph. Eerie, man...eerie.