Thursday, December 6, 2007

ISO Gooseberry Soda, Volume 2

With the help of darnedbestestblog girl, I had half a mind to think that I'd be hearing that song about a sweet sweet sip of soda by closing tonight. I was lead to this web archive site that has taken a snapshot of many a site over the past ten years. I was cautiously optimistic when I searched for mp3.com and found a 1999 version that looked just like the one that I had stored in my memory. Unfortunately, from there, any attempted navigation was pointless. I couldn't search for GooseD, and I couldn't go directly to what I determined to be my old domain name at mp3.com. Using my address as a base, I also tried what I believed to be Well's address. Also to no avail. (editor's note: There is another band on mp3.com called Well...so don't go thinking that you found the ark of the covenant or that I don't try the obvious things).

Are you asking yourself how I remembered my site address? Well, first, its a simple address. But secondly, for lunch, I went home and something that I did have saved on my hard drive was an old website for Twentieth Century Styles, which included a link to the mp3.com page.

And what was even better was that on my "Links" page on the 20thCS, I had included a link to the Well web page on Angelfire!!! Great news, right???!?

Well, no. Of course, the website isn't there anymore. And the further slap in the face...that useless archive site didn't bother to note that particular page as being important enough to remember.

Stack of CD-Rs in Davey's basement...you're my only hope.

No comments: