Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My First Blogging Mistake

Hello Blogging World,

Whenever I sign up for a new service, I spend an inordinate amount of time perusing the "Settings" tab. I'm a real sucker for customization. Oddly though, my blog currently looks like every other blog you've ever seen. I feel like I made some good "Settings" decisions, but where are the fruits of my labor? Was it all for nill?

I discovered almost immediately that my first terrible mistake at Blogger.com was when I checked a little box next to something that said "
Show transliteration button for your posts?" I'll be the first to admit that I have very little understanding as to what transliteration means, but it seemed like a feature that would make my blog seem more worldly, so I absolutely had to have it. Well, it turns out that this transliteration business is just fancy talk for turn your blog into gibberish. Instantly. I've since turned it off.

These guys know what I'm talking about. Am I right, people??!?

No, but really, I mean no offense to the Hindi language.

No comments: